2020 gave us a few great movies to entertain us during and after the lockdown, some were really good some of you saw it more than once. Well, it’s 2021 and there are a lot of films that promises to tickle our fancy this year. Let’s take a look at some of the most anticipated movies of 2021, I’m excited already.
1) Coming to America 2: If you’ve seen the part 1, released in 1988 then I’m pretty sure you’re just as pumped and excited as I am. Coming to America 2 follows the story of Akeem (Eddie Murphy) and Semmi (Arsenio Hall) leaving Zamunda and headed to Queens in America once again. It became necessary to visit where Akeem first met the love of his life when he discovered he had a long lost son. The trailer of the movie is out and it’s currently making rounds on the internet, cracking people up. The film will be released on March 5.
2) No Time to Die: Even though the initial release date was pushed further and further, fans of the James Bond character are a patient bunch. This will be Daniel Craig’s fifth and final casting as James Bond and from what we hear, he gave a sterling performance. Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, No Time to Die promises to be worth the wait. To be released on April 2.
3) Black Widow: Much talked about and eagerly awaiting film, Black Widow will finally be out on May 7. Before she became an integral part of the Avengers, she was a Russian Spy known as Natasha Romanov. Played by Scarlett Johansson, who is absolutely amazing by the way, this is the origin story of the skillful and dreaded Black Widow.
4) Space Jam- A new Journey: Ever since the first Space Jam featuring NBA legend, Michael Jordan, there have been whispers of a sequel. And here you have it. Lebron James takes the lead role as he teams up with the Looney Toones for the most epic basketball game of his career. Space Jame 2 will be out on the 16th of July.
5) Mission Impossible 7: Some of you are probably tired of the Mi franchise right? Well, a lot of people are not, besides, it keeps making big at the box office. Tom Cruise is back with another action-packed film. Fans of the Mi series will have to wait till November 19 to go see the film.
6) Fast and Furious 9: 2020 was slow for many but not to worry, the long-running Fast and Furious franchise will speed things up for your in 2021. The ninth instalment is filled with car chases and crazy explosions, with a star-studded cast, it’s a guarantee we’re up for something daringly entertaining.
6) Raya and the Last Dragon: Animation lovers get ready as Disney is about to knock your socks off. Raya and the Last Dragon tells the story of a time when dragons sacrificed themselves to save humans from monsters. After a long time, the monsters are back to wreak havoc and it’s up to Raya and Awkwafina, the last known dragon to come up with a plan to save the world.
7) Matrix 4: You’ve heard rumors, read about and maybe even doubted, now it’s time to fully live the reality. In a year marked by many remakes, sequels and reboots, Matrix has come to claim its spot too. Expect nothing less but the best in action and skillful combat the Matrix franchise is known for. Undoubtedly, one of the most anticipated in 2021, the trailer didn’t give enough detail concerning the storyline, which makes it more intriguing. Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles when the movie is released on the 4th of December.
There are loads of movies coming out this year, which one would you like to see that I didn’t mention. Let’s talk in the comments.
- Ose is a cartoon enthusiast sugar junkie. He loves to travel, make new friends and he never gets tired of spaghetti and plantain.