The name Francis Duru is not new in the movie entertainment circles, he’s been in the industry for more than two decades. An accomplished actor who has featured in over a hundred movies, he is seen as a method actor; someone who studies his character to the latter and interprets flawlessly. Francis shot to limelight when he starred in late Amaka Igwe’s 1997 blockbuster Rattle Snake. The movie endeared him to Nigerians and since then it’s been from one set to another.
Multiple award-winning actor, Francis was born on the 27th of April 1978, asides being an actor, he’s a Master of Ceremony, Director, Investor and Philanthropist. He is married and is the proud father of 3 children, a daughter and two sons. Here are 6 things you might not know about Francis Duru:
- He was born in Cameroon. Also spent his early years there before returning back to Nigeria after completing his primary and secondary education.
- He is from Imo State.
- He obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Port Harcourt Rivers State.
- He used to be a Catholic. He was an altar boy growing up in Cameroon.
- He received the United Nations Ambassador of Peace award for his positive influence on youths.
- His first child is in the University. His daughter is studying International Law and Diplomacy at Babcock University.